Thursday, March 31, 2011

normal busy life

Happy Birthday, Daddy!!

Life seems busy at the moment. But I think I may be turning into one of the old people where more than one thing a week is just overwhelming. =) Last week the girls had swimming on Monday, Josh and I had a dinner with the school board to farewell a board member who has been there for 17 years, we went to the library on Wednesday and had play group at Jennie's, Thursday was a Young Marrieds' Bible study BBQ at the S's, Friday night the choir sang at one of the members' birthday celebrations, Saturday we went shopping and played, Sunday was church. Then this week was girls' swimming on Monday, I had a massive headache all day Tuesday, Wednesday was Josh's birthday, playgroup and Bible study at our house, today we have Young Marrieds' Bible study and we're going out for dinner before that, tomorrow nothing is planned so far, Saturday is Pastor Richard and Fay's 50th anniversary vow renewal and I have to make the cakes, Sunday I have to make cinnamon rolls as a reward my Sunday school class has earned, and after church we have some friends coming over for Emma's birthday "party" so I need to make a cake for her. She wants an echidna ice cream cake and I thought I would make a normal cake and decorate it like grass and put the echidna on top of that. Monday is her actual birthday and Josh has the day off work. YAY!!! Today is HBCA's swim carnival but thankfully the girls don't know that they are missing a day at the pool. I just can't do it today.

We've sorta taken our two week holiday early for homeschooling. Haven't done much the last two weeks. And history, science and spelling have taken a back seat. We're mainly focusing on Math, Phonics and English/Grammar. The house is semi-tidy and I'm really appreciating the fact that we pay someone to come do the actual cleaning part once a week. We've been eating take-out a few times a week which isn't good for the waistline or budget but sometimes we just have to do what we have to do. Hopefully my organizing mojo will appear and I can get on top of grocery shopping and menu planning a bit better. Lately it seems like I forget half of what we need to put on the grocery list and nights end up like last night where we have to turn off the stove and run to the store for tomato paste because there is none to be found in the pantry. However, I'm hoping the exhaustion, nausea and stupidness will go away soon. Yes, it is for THAT reason. You can scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page for more details. =)

2 comments:

grammynurse said...

Sounds much toooo busy. Miss hearing from you but figured you have little time. I'm doing less and here you are busier than ever. Move to the states and I will be glad to help!!:) I hope things will slow down but you can't count on that with 4 + and a hubby. Take dcare and get your rest.

Helen said...

Congratulations Tamra - very exciting news - I'm sure you are absolutely exhausted and no wonder your "mojo" is on holiday. Will be praying for you and your family and bubba no.5.