Friday, February 6, 2009

hmmm...

*my roses are going crazy lately. so I brought some inside and floated them in a bowl*

So, lately this blog hasn't had anything crafty on it. Between heat, nausea and lack of creative thought there isn't anything crafty being done in my house. We're barely keeping up with the dishes and school. And we're not really keeping up with the laundry. But I thought we should have something creative on here. So without further ado...

Did I show you this? I got bored way back in October or whenever it was that I got to be home alone (remember that's when I painted all the samples on my bedroom closet doors) Anyway, I also made this that night for the girls' bathroom. Why the bathroom? I don't know. I have plans for more to go in there. Anyway, it was fun. I painted paper with my fingers and then cut the shapes out and pieced it together. I really should do the other ones I have planned. I enjoyed the process and the outcome. (all those white smears are the glue. I took the photo before it dried.)

So I laid out all the "bluebonnet trail" charm squares. I've gotten about half of them sewn together. I'll keep it simple and put a small white border, a bigger red border and then bind it in blue.

This is about half the red roses I need for a wedding cake. I still need some ivory roses and green leaves. Should've started this weeks ago. Of course that would've been totally out of character with my procastinating self. Anyway, wedding is tomorrow!!!

So, there you go...something crafty. We're headed to the pool today with the school. And then when I come home it's on to lots and lots of roses. Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

grammynurse said...

Is this Beka's blanket? Hope the roses got finished. You accomplish way more than I have, One day of work left. Worked five out of six so pretty well exhausted. Clean house?? No, it can wait till next week!

grammynurse said...

BTW Real roses are beautiful as well