Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Crafty Christmas....don't look, DAD!!!



What do you think of these little guys? Before I put their faces on I asked Josh what he thought. He said maybe after they had faces they would look more like snowmen. Once I got the faces on I showed him and he just shrugged as if to say "if you say they are snowmen, then they are snowmen." The girls knew what they were supposed to be. What do you think? I love them and am planning to go buy a heap more styrofoam balls and make some more. I got the idea from here. And she gives a tutorial here. Of course I can't find Crayola Model Magic anywhere here but I finally found a substitute. And she is right. It is so much fun and easy. I know she didn't give her's a mouth and I think they are adorable but I liked mine better with a mouth.

These were made from a couple kits on sale at Spotlight. A lot more work than they were worth. Catie has one kinda like the pearl one that I'm really dreading doing with her now. It was just a pain in the neck to do and used a lot of glue to hold it all together. I'm glad I didn't pay full price.


And this is Dad's Christmas present. I've decided this year that gifts will be homemade and/or consumable. And so far I'm very happy with what I've made.

No comments: