Sunday, October 12, 2008

opinions needed!!





So I'm on here again to get some help. I'm actually home alone at the moment. Grandma asked the girls for a sleepover and Josh went to a David Phelps concert in Brisbane with some of the young adults. Anyway, we went to Bunnings today and got some paint sample pots. I painted them on my closet doors. Then I moved my bed to the other wall again. So what do you think? The middle colour is actually a bit darker. Which is a bit weird because the other two colours look pretty much the same. well, the green is a tiny bit darker. anyway... I was thinking about the green because we already have green (a yucky minty green. not the colour I was going for) and it would match the quilt. BUT I really like the light brown colour. Oyster linen it's called. And so now I'm kinda thinking about that colour and then the dark brown on the closet doors. as you can see most all the stuff on the walls is black with some off white, green and a tiny bit of purple. If I use the oyster linen I'll definitely need some new curtains though. My curtains are a very similar colour to that paint. Again, anyway....
What do you think?

Of course, when I paint I will no longer have these beautiful suns to wake me every morning. =) Catie and Emma drew these a couple years ago. The other day Emma told me that hers wasn't very good. Of course she was only two when she did it. She still thought she should've done better. =)

3 comments:

srivatsan said...

I think i could give you some suggestions,since you are painting for your bedroom try to go for light colours,because with lights on or on day time room will be Brighter.If you go for lighter colours i will sugggest you for either Light Green,Light Brown or enen try Light Sandalwood colour.That wold be nice.Hope so you are not offended by my comment.All the Best...

Tanya said...

I think that the light oyster color would be nice and the darker brown for accents. As you know I like the darker colors (you've seen my house :-)) Anyway, I like all these colors so any combo would look good I think.... Love the face that you are breaking the rules :-)

grammynurse said...

I personally like the light oyster color also. With the green in the bed cover, I might use the greenish one for accents - only because I don't like the brown and black together.