Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekend catch-up


  • as the girls were laying down for naps the other day (and almost asleep) the doorbell rang. It was the postman. not the regular guy who rides a scooter and delivers letters and magazines and stuff but my favourite postman. The one with the white van that delivers boxes!!
  • He left 3 packages. one for Josh (speakers for his car), one from Mom and one with my seeds in it!!
  • I left Josh's package on the couch, put the seeds on the table and tore into the box from mom.
  • Yay for new sandals for the girls and shirts for them and yards upon yards of all different colour and size rick rack for me. And lace. And 350 cupcake liners.
  • Boo for the jar of grape jelly that customs punctured and leaked all over everything. And that they took out the angel food cake mix. hey, I can send them $42.50 to send it back to mom!!
  • Then I opened my seeds!! So exciting!! more about that later
  • yay, for the burst of energy on Saturday morning that resulted in 3 loads of laundry washed and hanging on the line and the entire house looking neat, tidy and clean.
  • yay, for shopping by myself. I got to go to Big W by myself. Then the craft shop (where I found the Mod Podge I needed. for $16 a bottle!!!! how can they charge that much??) and Bunnings. There I bought some carrots (apparently I forgot to buy carrot seeds.) and onions (thought it might be fun) and some little planters to plant the seeds that need to be planted in punnets and then planted out when they are bigger.
  • Then I got home, put the girls down for rests and planted my garden. So fun. I'm looking forward to corn, carrots, pumpkin, cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce, cauliflower, cabbage, silverbeet, rockmelon (cantaloupe) and radishes. I decided not to plant the turnips because we don't eat them.
  • On a totally different note, Catie lost a second tooth.
  • I started making one of the dolls I've got planned.
  • I had fun trying my hand at making envelopes out of nice magazine picture pages.
  • Josh and I had a movie night and watched a couple new movies Saturday night. yay for date nights with the cute hubby!! =)
  • the pic is for Mom to show her better where the garden beds are.

1 comment:

SF said...

What a productive day!!
I'd forgotten how much you can get done when you don't have a baby to care for..... ;)
Your garden sounds fantastic. I'm feeling really inspired to get back into mine. At the moment we're producing loads of parsely, nasturtiams and other herbs.... lavender and er..... that's about it. Not much considering we have 4 big vegie patches.