Monday, September 15, 2008

busy, busy

Saturday Josh put 2 garden beds in for me. This one I'm going to try some Square foot Gardening. Along the front and left edge the squares aren't squares and aren't one foot. So I've planted some marigolds and other flowers that help with bugs, some repel and some attract. Along the fence I will plant sweet corn and sunflowers. Other veggies in this garden will be radishes, carrots, cucumbers, lettuce, cauliflower, rainbow chard, turnips. Can't remember what else. As you can see Josh also installed a sprinkler system for me. (he also fixed the camera. pretty handy, doncha think?) =)
This one has flower seeds all mixed up in it. And I will plant tomatoes along the fence and also plant cantaloupe and pumpkins.

The garage-turned- guestroom turned into a schoolroom/computer repair area on Sunday.

Standing in Josh's work area. He's planning to build a dividing wall. Still looks bare but soon it'll be better. Also, all his stuff is moving off that shelf so I can put up their puzzles, games, books, etc.

The girls helped decorate. They put up all the farm stuff. Beka asked to be in the picture. =)


We've been busy today too. Already this morning I've washed and hung out 3 loads of laundry, washed dishes, started an art project with the girls, changed all 3 girls' wardrobes from winter to spring/summer, gotten irritated because the girls' new "washable" markers aren't so washable, changed stuff around in my kitchen and paid the van registration. I still need to buy shorts for Catie, buy new plastic containers to help contain toys in Beka's room since I moved the bookshelf into the schoolroom, clean off the computer desk and put clothes away in my room. Plus I'll have 3 loads of laundry to fold and put away later. But it's spring and it's beautiful and it's good cleaning weather. =)

1 comment:

grammynurse said...

What a busy person....and still time to blog. You put me to shame. Are the gardens at the front of the yard? Missed seeing the Mango. It was a wonderful bedroom, but will be a really neat school room.