Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday

wow, yesterday was a very full day. I wasn't sure on Wednesday night that all the plans for Thursday were going to happen. Emma kept saying her head hurt and then just before dinner vomited. As Josh headed out the door to church a little while later I told him to tell Steve that if Emma (and therefore me) was up all night I wouldn't be teaching school and that our guests probably wouldn't want to come over for dinner and catch the flu. However, after a long hot shower Emma was starving and ate all her dinner and asked for more. She slept soundly and hasn't complained since.

So, we all went to school yesterday. Beka went in the pre-prep (preschool) room and Catie and Emma went to prep(kindergarten) with me. It was a good day. two students were absent and one of them was one of the rowdy ones. Thankfully the class had sport in the afternoon and that is taught by a different teacher. I did read some Curious George books to the children after their work was done. They loved him!! It's always nice to share something I love and let someone else fall in love with it too. I might tell their teacher how much they enjoyed it and share my Curious George unit study ideas and all my Curious George books and movies with her.

We came home after school and I set to work making sure the kitchen and bathrooms were tidy and doing the laundry. Josh vacuumed and swept and mopped for me. The Sauvageots and our other guests showed up around 5:30. We had a nice dinner of BBQ pork sandwiches, steamed veggies and baked potatoes. They brought a blueberry cheesecake with them which the adults enjoyed while the kids had a chocolate iceblock. Afterwards the adults had a nice conversation time while the kids enjoyed a video. It's times like that when I appreciate the two living areas in our house and the sliding door that separates them. =)

So today my list looks something like this:
  • buy 10 bags of marshmallows (for tonight's youth group bonfire)
  • make 3 batches of cinnamon rolls
  • go to the grocery store
  • drop books off at the library
  • wash and hang out 3 loads of laundry
  • fold 4 loads of laundry
  • get garage to point that Josh just has to move everything out to the shed
Tomorrow morning at 8 is the family breakfast at church. Tomorrow afternoon from 2 -4 is a friend's tupperware party. Tomorrow evening at 7 some ladies are coming over. In between all that Josh and I need to completely empty the garage and pick up a bed from our friends. oh, and the girls need to pack for their sleep over at Grandma's. They've been asking to do that since Tuesday so I'm guessing that won't take long. =)

I can't believe that it's only 5 days until Mom and Dad get here. We're so excited. I have all kinds of projects planned. =) I hope you all have a great weekend!! I'll update with photos soon. TTFN!!

No comments: